Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Need Some Motivation to Run!! HELP!

So, I've been getting my feet wet so to speak over the past few weeks..  Trying out bike riding and swimming in open water. I've always been a swimmer, but not much open water.  I have done two 10 mile bike rides in the past week and one of them, involved a 5 mile ride to Lake Serene in Lynnwood, a mile swim across the lake and a 5 mile ride back home.  I LOVED every second of it and now I have to get motivated to get my feet back on the pavement.  We started a 12 week half marathon training program this week.  Monday was CT (swim/bike) Tuesday was supposed to be 2 miles, but I just wasn't in the mood.  Today is supposed to be a rest day, so I'm trying to hype myself up for just a quick 2 miler. I can't believe I'm even thinking of not doing it.  I'm so not motivated right now and don't know what to do to change it.  I think a lot of it has to do with my unhappiness at work.  After 9 hours sitting at a desk that I hate, I am exhausted by 5pm, I get the kiddo from daycare, get dinner going and then all I want to do is sit and have some red wine and hang out with the family.  I'm going to make myself a promise and hopefully this will kick start my motivation...  I PROMISE I will run 2 miles tonight and stick to the rest of this weeks runs no if's, and's, or but's!!  I'll let you know how it goes tonight in the morning!  Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment