Tuesday, July 17, 2012

10K Go Girl Trail Run!

So, Crazy me, I signed myself up to do a 10k+ trail run in Portland.  It was girls only, so I was on my own on this one since my running buddies are my hubby and my dad..  My sister, brother in law and daughter tagged along for moral support and it was so awesome to know they'd be cheering me on at the finish line.  This run was a toughy, but I LOVED it..  About 3-4 miles STRAIGHT up a mountain and then about 2.5 straight back down.  My hips have been feeling the pain of hitting the ground so hard on the back down part, but it was worth it..  The scenery was awesome, the runners were all great.  It was so fun to be a part of!!  Jason and I got back out there again for another 3 miles last night.  80 degree weather and my hips screaming at me the entire first mile.  They finally settled down and we settled into a good pace.  I really love running with my husband!!  It's a four day work week for me, then a four day weekend of camping in the sun in the San Jaun Islands with my family and a whole big group of new found friends.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment