Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

After a stressful few weeks of family related stress, we were finally able to take a deep breath last night and take the first step in the right direction.  We are all blessed with such wonderful friends and family who have kept us all in their thoughts and prayers.. 
As far as running goes, my wonderful hubby doesn't believe I can run faster than an 8 minute mile, since I've never done it while running with him.  So.....  we set out last night to run at least 2 miles in under an 8 minute mile based on the fact that I did 2 miles last week without him in 15mins and 30secs..  We took off pretty fast and finished the first mile in 7mins 40secs, which I think set me up for failure.  We did finish the first two miles in 15mins 55seconds, but it was still slower than last week and I felt like I was going to die.. Not sure why, I don't know if he gets me all wigged out, or if I felt more exhausted because our plan was to do 3 miles (we did 2.75miles), but whatever the reason was, I ran the first two slower than last week and I almost died.  Not a good way to prove I did 2 miles in 15min 30secs, but I'm sure I'll get there soon enough, just have to keep at it.  I don't think I'll be able to cross train or run tonight, but we are starting our fourth off tomorrow with a fun 5k in downtown Edmonds followed by the parade!  Should be sunny and a great way to start off the holiday fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment