Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sore Mama!

So, my workout that we've added on top of the running is waking up some muscles I haven't used in quite some time.  Jason and I did a quick 3 miles last night followed with one round of the sexy leg workout.  We aren't quite ready yet to do 2 sets of it and from the way my body feels today, I think it was a good call to stop when we did!!  I think tonight may be a pool night followed by some time in the hot tub, that actually sounds fabulous!!  I love swimming laps, one of the best feelings in the world and it's an awesome recovery type of work out!  I have been attempting to eat pretty healthy and went home at lunch to get dinner going in the crock pot and it was so yummy,  all of the kids even liked it so I thought I'd share the receipe.

Turkey Chili:
1.25lb lean ground turkey
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1(28oz) can crushed tomato
1(8oz) can tomoato paste
1(15oz) can black beans
1 packet of chili seasoning

Brown the first three ingredients until the turkey has no pink left, then add the first three ingredients and all other ingredients into the crockpot and mix together.  Cook on low approx 5-6 hours.  (The recipe I read said high 4-5hrs or low 7-8hrs, but I did low about 5.5hrs and it was perfect.)  Top it off with lowfat sourcream, some shredded cheese and tortilla chips if you'd like.. 

Yum!!  I'd never had chili with peppers in it and so little beans, but I actually really enjoyed it that way.  It's a recipe we'll be eating at the Baker household again soon!

Yesterday was a stressful workday, so here's to having a stress free workday and hoping I can make it out of the house for some laps tonight!! Happy Wednesday everyone!

P.S. - Blue is the color today in honor of the horrible weather we keep having here in Seattle.  Where is the Sun???

No comments:

Post a Comment